Nillofar Hamedi reported Mahisa Amini’s death? The reason behind the Iran prison fire…

Anti-Hijab Protests in Iran: Journalist Niloofar Hamedi released the news of Mahsa Amini’s passing on Twitter on September 16, 2022.

One of the Iranian journalists, Niloofar Hamedi was the first to crack the information of Mahsa Amini’s hospitalization to the globe. There was no shock until her arrest. The journalist’s spouse was worried about her safety because news busted of fire in Iran’s infamous Evin prison where Hamedi has been kept after her arrest.

In the massive fire at Evin prison, Niloufar Hamedi called her husband to say that she had endured the blaze and clash, Reuters reported on Sunday, September 2022.

Niloofar Hamedi broke the news of Mahsa Amini’s demise on the social media platform Twitter on September 16. She published a photo of Mahsa Amini’s father and mother hugging each other in a hospital where their daughter was lying in a coma. Mahsa Amini’s death thereafter that day released a wave of mass protests across Iran country that continues to persist even after a month despite a severe administration crackdown.

Niloofar Hamedi has not been punished but is being held in isolated confinement in Evin prison, her husband had then informed lately.

“This morning, intelligence agents raided my client Niloofar Hamedi’s house, arrested her, searched her house, and confiscated her belongings,” the lawyer of Hamedi, Mohammad Ali Kamfirouzi tweeted on September 22, 2022.

Friends of Hamedi described her as a brave journalist who is passionate about women’s issues and rights. Her investigative articles cover topics such as self-immolation among women suffering domestic abuse, and she interviewed the family of Sepideh Rashno, an Iranian writer and artist, who was arrested in July for defying the Islamic dress code. 

Who is Mahsa Amini? What was the reason behind the Death of Mahsa Amini?

Mahsa Amini was a 22-year-old Iranian woman. Also known as Jina Amini or Zhina Amini. According to the reports, the incident happen while she was traveling to Tehran for a pleasure trip on September 13. The woman was with her brother Kiarash at the entryway to the Shahid Haghani Expressway when the ‘Morality Police’ came and stopped Amini for a one-hour ‘re-education class’. She was arrested in the capital city of Tehran. Nevertheless, three days after she was taken into custody, where Amina died. 

However, based on the reports, when Amini was in custody, she was beaten and assumably tortured, which ultimately pushed her into a coma, leading to her death. Amina’s father also informed that the woman was not suffering from heart ailments. Administrators argued that Amina died due to a heart attack. The edited camera footage they released shows Amini collapsed while she was being taken to a “re-education center” to receive “guidance” on her attire.

Following her death, there have been protests in Iran. Videos of women occurred where they cut off their hair and burned hijab as a mark of protest against the mandatory hijab in Iran.


we are publishing daily trending news update with good quality content.

Recommended Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *