The Windows 11 Copilot AI is Microsoft’s major drive to add modern artificial intelligence to its flagship operating system, and it extends far beyond the early ChatGPT interfaces via Bing Chat. This isn’t your grandfather’s Clippy; it’s a completely new approach of enhancing Windows with highly intelligent functions.
How to Enable Copilot AI on Windows 11
Windows 11 Copilot AI is available in build 23493 and later releases. Here’s how to enable Windows 11 Copilot AI if you have it. Whether as part of the Insider Programme or because it has now hand out to a wider public.
- 1: Press the Windows key + I to access the Settings menu.
- 2: From the left-hand menu, select Personalization.
- 3: Navigate to the Taskbar section.
- 4: Select Copilot (preview) next to it’s contents.
How to Questions Copilot AI
One of Windows 11 Copilot AI’s primary tasks is as a question-and-response chatbot, similar to ChatGPT with web access, Bing Chat, or alternatives like Google Bard. Here’s how to utilise it to find the information you’re looking for.
1: To open the Copilot AI, click the Copilot button in your taskbar or hit Windows key + C.
2: Pick a conversational style. Balanced allows the chatbot to react neutrally, without emphasising any single topic or conversational style. Creative is intend to be more abstract and enjoyable, whereas Precise will force it to stay as close to the facts as possible.
3: In the bottom-right corner, type your question into the prompt pane. It might be a question about external data or about Windows itself. And you can be as broad or as specific as you want.
Microsoft demonstrated the Copilot AI in its first video answering to the question, “How can I adjust my system to get more work done?” The AI response by proposing Dark Mode and offering to clean up the desktop automatically. It then provided quick-access buttons for those functions to be enable.
How to Change the AI Settings in Windows Copilot
The AI Copilot has a settings page with only one setting that can be changed at the time of writing. Still, this will most likely be expanded in future iterations and is essential for tailoring the tool to your specific requirements.
Step 1: open the Copilot AI, click the Copilot button in your taskbar or hit Windows key + C.
2: Click the three-dot menu symbol in the upper-right corner, then Settings from the drop-down menu.
3: Finally Toggle the option On or Off to change whether Copilot can use content from your active Edge browser tab.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Copilot AI
- Start with Clear, Precise Questions: The more specific and concise you are with your question, the better the answer you will get.
- Break Down Complex Queries: If you have a multifaceted question or task, break it down into smaller parts and tackle each one separately. This makes it easier for the AI to provide relevant and accurate answers.
- Iterate and Reframe: If you don’t get the desired answer, try rephrasing your question or providing additional context. The way you frame a question can influence the kind of answer you receive.
- Use Prompts Effectively: If you’re using a model like GPT-3.5, remember that the way you frame your prompt can be crucial. Explicit instructions often lead to better outcomes.
- Provide Context: Finally If your question is in reference to a previous response or to a particular domain of knowledge, make sure to provide that context. This helps the AI understand your requirements better.